Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dreamscape

Well, this happened a few days ago, I've just been forgetting to blog about it, but:

I woke up one morning a few days ago, and for some strange reason, I was in my parent's house, in the room I lived in as a boy. Immediately, I knew something was wrong. I knew I was dreaming. This sense was so strong. There's no way I could be at my parents home. I then attempted to wake myself up. But, I had no idea how. I basically just looked up, and yelled, "your dreaming, wake up!". I kept on screaming for like 5 minutes. It didn't work, so I was like, 'oh well, maybe I'm not dreaming, I better start getting ready for work' and thus I proceed to the shower. My dream continues, and I don't remember anything of it. But when i eventually woke up, I totally remembered i knew I was dreaming. It was so strange.


Later that day I told one of my co-workers this story, and he mentioned, that he read some documentary that some people actually attempt to try to recognize they're dreaming when they dream. This way, they can 'control' their dream, and do whatever they want. I wish I had that mindset during my dream, lol. Instead, I spent the whole time trying to just wake myself up. I should've been instead playing a bach double concerto with Sarah Chang, or proving P=NP in front of well-known computer science theorists, or starring in a spy thriller movie doing some crazy crouching tiger hidden dragon martial arts. So many possibilities... How stupid of me to just go to the shower and get ready for work.

PS. Oh, and sorry M.E. for possibility misleading you into thinking this post is about our awesome high school piano composition, but I thought the name fit.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Ha ha yeah, I totally though it was about our song at first. That type of dreaming is called lucid dreaming. It's cool to be in control. One way to trigger it is to predetermine some object that if you see it while dreaming will let you know that you are dreaming... in this case it was the impossibility that you were a t home.