If you didn't know already, I'm the choir director for my ward. And If you knew me really well, you'd know that I'm totally the person you don't want as choir director. I can't sing, never been in choir, don't know how to warmup, don't know how much each word, nor each portion of a word should be enunciated while it's sung. I just know very little when it comes to choir-ing. Add in the fact that it's hard to get a pianist, I get stuck with figuring out how to direct the choir, and lead them while playing the piano (and I don't even have a piano or keyboard at home, so I'm sightreading the piano music, leading the choir, while all at the same time trying to figure out what the choir needs help with...)
Well, we get to add another layer upon this fun little equation. Our christmas number, we're doing jointly with the spanish branch, and (well i don't have the music yet, but I've been told that) half the song is in Spanish. So now, I can't even pronounce the lyrics, oh boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment