Sunday, July 6, 2008

Carded

Wow, I haven't been carded in a long time. I guess I look even younger when I'm with my cousins. K/H and J/P were visiting San Francisco, and we went to the sony store at the metreon. They have some type of truancy/loitering policy or something (and even though it wasn't a school night/day), if you're under 18, you're not allowed in the store without an adult.

Well, we were just browsing, and a security guard said, "You're not allowed in here, may I see your ID?" I was quite flustered, since I had no idea what he meant (I didn't read the under 18 signs or anything before then). I was confused, and simply replied, why?

"Minors aren't allowed in the store at this time"

(So I was thinking oh,, he must be refering to J/P)

"Are minors allowed in with an adult?"

"Someone a bit older, yes, but you have to be next to your parents"

(Now realizing he was still referring to me, I matter of factly say:)

"I'm 28" (and shows ID)

And the guy laughs, and, takes a closer look at my ID. "Wow, sorry, yeah, you're fine."

I can understand being carded buying alcohol, and even understand perhaps not looking 21, but, looking like someone under 18? I definitely hope my mannerisms inflect a more mature age...

1 comment:

Michael said...

Ha ha thats too funny!! keep up the blogging! it keeps me laughing!